- » Online Submissions (in construction)
- » Author Guidelines (in construction)
- » Privacy Statement (in construction)
Already have a Username/Password for Journal of bioenergy and food science?
GO TO LOGIN (in construction)
Need a Username/Password?
GO TO REGISTRATION (in construction)
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
JME does NOT have article processing charges (APCs) nor submission charges.
POLICY AGAINST PLAGIARISM AND BAD-CONDUCTS RESEARCH
To improve the quality and integrity of published articles and in accordance with the guidelines COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) that encourages the identification of plagiarism, bad practices, fraud, possible ethical violations and the opening process, we ask that authors
- a) To visit the COPE webpage that contains information for authors and publishers on research ethics;
- b) To follow the criteria below:
Referencing explicitly articles that were used for data acquisition, analysis and interpretation of data;
Quote all articles from other authors that were used;
unprecedented Article Authorship ( criteria item c);
None of the researchers involved in the study may be omitted from the list of authors;
The final approval of the article will be made by the editors and editorial board.
- c) To meet the criteria, the following procedures will be performed:
The manuscript will be evaluated with the CrossCheck system immediately after submission. First the textual content of scientific articles will be evaluated, seeking to identify plagiarism, duplicate submissions, manuscripts already published and possible fraud in research;
With the results, it is up to the editors and editorial board to decide whether the manuscript will be sent to r pair reviewers, to make a blind evaluation, that also conduct assessments in content;
After acceptance and before publication, articles will be evaluated again.
The journal is licensed with Creative Commons (CC BY).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION:
- The authors are obliged to declare:
The transfer of copyright, stating that your manuscript is an original work and that is not being submitted in part or in whole, the analysis for publication in other means of scientific communication under penalty of exclusion.
If there is any conflict of interest;
The description of each author's contribution to the development of research and manuscript; and
If there was support or financial assistance for the development of research (funding sources, processes, etc.).
- The authors are responsible for:
the data, ideas, opinions and concepts expressed in the articles;
the accuracy of the references used;
The editorial board advises that any quotation of products and trademarks does not mean recommendation of its use.
- When appropriate, present certificate that the research was approved by the Ethics and Biosafety Committee;
- The reports shall be based on the most advanced and appropriate research techniques;
- Items will be evaluated by at least three consultants of the research area of knowledge, educational institutions and / or national and international research, proven scientific production.
After the corrections and possible suggestions, the manuscript will be:
ACCEPTED if you have two favorable opinions; and
REJECTED when two opinions are unfavorable.
- No manuscripts will be accepted in which:
- a) field experiments do not include data for two years or more locations within the same year;
- b) analyzing data obtained in controlled environments is limited to only one or bioassay experiment, without repetition during the period;
- c) the experiments refer to only testing on the activity of chemical or biological products against biotic or abiotic stresses;
- d) in vitro culture experiments to be limited to the improvement of the standardized culture protocols or that do not provide new information in the scientific field;
- e) its objectives are limited to recording the first occurrence of a pest to eco-agricultural system or a basic study on the biological parameters of the body without a clear indication of how this knowledge could improve the management of the pest in the local or regional context;
- f) experiments without proper statistical analysis to elucidate the results obtained;
- Listed below are the formatting and other conventions to be followed:
- a) submission process, the full names of the authors should be entered (maximum of six), their institutional addresses and e-mail the author indicated for correspondence.
- b) Articles should be subdivided with the following subtitles: Summary, Keywords, Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, authors of the contribution ? , Acknowledgments (optional) and References. These items should be in capital letters and bold and should not be numbered.
- c) the title, with a maximum of twenty words in Portuguese and English, should be accurate.
- d) the summary at least 100 and no more than 200 words, must contain brief information about the purpose of research, experimental materials, methods used, results and conclusion. Up to six keywords that are not mentioned in the title should be added at the end of both the abstract and the abstract.
- e) Articles should not exceed 20 typed pages, including figures and tables (inserted in the text soon after cited) and references.
They should be written in space 1.5 lines and have your pages and numbered lines. The paper should be edited in Word or compatible using Times New Roman 12.
- f) The work must be formatted in A4 and bottom margins, top, right and left should be 2.5 cm.
- g) The file containing the work to be attached (transferred) during the submission may not exceed the size of 2 MB or may contain any identification of authorship, including the option properties of Word.
- h) The figures and tables must preferencialmente7,65 cm wide and should not ultrapassar16 cm.
- i) The scanned pictures should be 300 dpi resolution and preferably recorded in jpg or png format. color illustrations will be accepted for publication.
- j) shall be adopted the International System (SI) measures (Donwload).
- k) The equations must be edited or inserted as jpg or png figure.
- l) The variables should be identified after the equation.
- m) It is recommended that the authors carry out a regression analysis to quantitative factors.
- n) Review articles may be published by invitation of the Editorial Board or Managing Editor.
- o) The journal recommends that eighty percent (80%) of the references are articles listed in the ISI Web of Knowledge, Scopus or SciELO with less than 10 years. It is recommended to give preference to quotes from international articles.
They will not be accepted in the monographs of citations references, theses and dissertations, proceedings, abstracts, expanded abstracts, journals, magazines, technical bulletins and electronic documents.
- p) The citations should follow the examples below, which are based on the standard of the American Psychological Association (APA).
To quote the text, use the last name and year:
Lopes (2005) or (LOPES, 2005);
Souza and Scapim (2005) or (SOUZA; SCAPIM, 2005);
Venturieri, Venturieri and Leopold (2013) or (VENTURIERI; VENTURIERI; LEOPOLD, 2013)
More than 3 authors, cite only the first followed by et al.
Wayner et al. (2007) or (Wayner et al., 2007).
They should be arranged in alphabetical order, justified, as the following examples, which are based on the ABNT. List all authors. The titles of journals should be full and not abbreviated and in bold, without the place of publication.
- a) Articles
KOUTINAS, A.F.; POLIZOPOULOU, Z.S.; BAUMGAERTNER, W.; LEKKAS, S.; KONTOS, V. Relation of clinical signs to pathological changes in 19 cases of canine distemper encephalomyelitis. Journal of Comparative Pathology, v.126, n.1, p.47-56, 2002.
SANTOS, M.A. dos; NICOLÁS, M.F.; HUNGRIA, M. Identificação de QTL associados à simbiose entre Bradyrhizobium japonicum, B. elkanii e soja. Pesquisa Agropecuária Brasileira, v.41, p.67-75, 2006.
NAKASHIMA, A.Y.; CHEVALIER, R.C.; CORTEZ-VEGA, W.R. Desenvolvimento e caracterização de filmes de colágeno com adição de óleo essencial de cravo-da-índia. Journal of Bioenergy and Food Science, v.3, n.1, p.50-57, 2016. DOI:10.18067/jbfs.v3i1.86
- b) Books
SARRUGE, J. R.; HAAG, H. P. Análises químicas em plantas. Piracicaba: ESALQ, 1974. 56 p.
- c) Book chapter
WILLIAMS, E. S. Canine distemper. In: WILLIAMS, E. S.; BARKER, I. K. (Eds.). Infectious diseases of wild mammals. 3. ed. Ames: Iowa State University Press, 2001. p. 50-58.
SUBMISSION PREPARATION CHECKLIST
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Latex (all files compacted in one ZIP file + PDF) or OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Reviewhave been followed.
- Co-authors were registered in the journal and ORCID (https://orcid.org/register)?
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.